Few There Be That Find It
"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Matthew 7:13-14)
Less than 1%: Only 8 people were saved from the flood in Noah's day. He preached 120 years.
Less than 1%: Only 3 people survived Sodom and Gormorrah. Lot's wife looked back.
Less than 1%: Only 2 people made the wilderness journey into the Promised Land.
68.5% of the world rejects Jesus Christ.
Christianity make up 31.5% or 2.2 billion people.
This includes Catholics over 1 billion people and Protestants over 1 billion people.
Catholics are deceived because they pray to Mary and to the saints. Catholics also remove the 2nd Commandment (thou shalt not make any graven images or worship idols). They also believe they are born again at infant baptism and receive Christ at communion. Also Catholics confess sins to their priest instead of God. Result: 1 billion plus people lost.
Many who say they are "Christians":
51% believe abortion is okay morally.
31% believe homosexuality is not a sin.
22% protestant pastors drink.
39% protestant laity drink.
68% Christian men are into pornography.
51% lie monthly.
48% admit stealing.
61% believe sex before marriage is okay.
50% are divorced and remarried.
56% practise co-habitation.
81% churchgoers don't read the Bible daily.
48% don't read for spiritual growth.
74% of the clergy in America no longer believe in the inerrancy of Scripture.
95% pastors don't have family devotions.
Best Sellers: modern liberal Bibles.
Most Christians do not believe the Bible is the inspired, infallible word of God.
It is interesting too that the most stolen public library book is a religious book.
Christians who steal do not go to heaven.
Most religious people are extremely busy:
1. Making money - Preparing for retirement. They fail to see: these two activities have nothing to do with preparing for eternity in heaven.
Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats (Vegans and Vegetarians), which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth. For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained" (1 Timothy 4:1-6).
Many Shall Not Go to Heaven: Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God" (Galatians 5:19-21).
Why People Are Not Prepared For Eternity:
1. People are lovers of self and money. Check out what people are storing and then look at their savings. Notice what they spend their money on. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting" (Galatians 6:7-8). For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows" (1 Timothy 6:10).
2. People are blind to the truth of God's Word. "But if our Gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost: In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious Gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them" (2 Corinthians 4:3-4).
3. People are listening to false preachers. These preachers, if they talk about sin, say: "I am not talking about you that are sitting within ear of my voice." They preach the false rapture theory that before times get bad, God will take you out of this world. They also preach positive messages. They replace prayer meetings with music, Bible quizes, socials, etc.
4. People are following pastors that are only interested in M & Ms: Money and Membership. The Bible calls these pastors "hirelings". They are not servants. They do not have elders but operate like a business with board members. They are the 501C3 preachers. They will not preach against divorce and remarriage. These pastors can't say,"I am the good shepherd."
5. People want to be entertained when they come to church. They want to hear words that tickle their ears. They want music that is modern (not hymns), contemporary and rock.
6. People lack a "fear of God." They fear man more than God. "Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God" (2 Corinthians 7:1). Whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent" (Acts 13:26).
7. People are procrastinators. "And as he (Paul) reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled,and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee" (Acts 24:25). (For he saith, I have heard thee in a time I succoured thee: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.) (2 Corinthians 6:2). Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth" (Proverbs 27:1).
8. People hate the message of "Holiness, Purity & Perfection." They would rather hear about the future, prophecy, dreams and visions. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: (Hebrews 12:14). Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peach shall be with you" (2 Corinthians 13:11).
9. People have made their belly their god and do not want to take up their cross. How much do Christians spend eating out? How many Christians are over weight? How many want to die to self? (For many walk, of whom I have told you often,and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the Cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things") (Phil. 3:18-19).
10. People believe that they can live in sin and die in grace. They believe the damnable doctrine of "Once Saved, Always Saved". satan's lie from the beginning has been "ye shall not die if ye sin." "He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for His seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God" (1 John 3:8-9). Sinners are hell bound.
11. People don't want to separate from the world. They love the world. Sports and entertainment have become their gods. Check it out: where do you spend your time? "Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you" (2 Corinthians 6:17). "Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake" (Luke 6:22). "This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; having a form of godliness,but denying the power thereof: from such turn away" (2 Timothy 3:1-5).
12. People have their faith in doctors, drugs, and herbs and not in Jesus Christ. "I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the earth?" (Luke 18:8). But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him" (Hebrews 11:6). How many Christians are using drugs or herbs? Oh faithless generation!
13. People spend little time in prayer and Bible study. Your prayer time and Bible study time show what kind of relationship you have with your Saviour Jesus Christ. "All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works" (2 Timothy 3:16-17).
14. People do not want to be a disciple of Jesus. Jesus said that there three things that every Christian must encounter to become a true disciple: 1. hatred of family, 2. bear your cross, 3. forsake all. Jesus got only twelve followers to respond to His call. "If any man come to Me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after Me, cannot be my disciple. So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be My disciple" (Luke 14:26, 27, 33).
Listen to Vance Havner: "He (Jesus) does not say we will be poor disciples (if we don't do the above). He says we cannot be His disciples at all! Tone it down all you will, the cleverest exegesis cannot do much with this three fold test. What is it that we are so silent on such texts today? We have let down the bars and we take all corners. Our catch-all invitations gather in a motley mixture, a mixed multitude. Screen them with the three cannots and see how much wheat is left when the chaff is gone!"
"Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able" (Luke 13:24).
"Eternal Security & and Bible" - S. R. Harding
"Narrow Way" - A. W. Pink
"No Cross, No Crown" - William Penn
"Pagen Christianity" - Frank Viola
"satan's Deception in Last Days" - D. W. Matter
"Seduction of the Saints" - Charles Crismier
"Strait Gate" - John Bunyan
"That There Are But A Small Number Saved" - Henry Scougal